State of Place for Developers
Identify value-add opportunities to maximize ROI
Speed up entitlements & approvals
Attract high-quality tenants
Secure financing for your project vision
We help you make an evidence-based, data-driven case for your proposed development projects by estimating how they will increase retail, office and residential rent premiums, retail revenues, and residential for-sale values. Additionally, we help quantify the walkability and livability of your existing property portfolios - relative to area competitors - thereby establishing an objective marketing case for your projects. Further, we help you augment ROI by identifying value-add opportunity plays within existing portfolios. Finally, developers can objectively evaluate potential acquisitions based on real estate premiums that can be extracted from the quality of the existing built environment.
How State of Place Can Help Your Development Project?
STATE OF PLACE INDEX & PROFILE
State of Place calculates an area’s quality of place based on 290+ built environment features, such as street trees, sidewalks, and benches, collected at the block level, and aggregates that into the State of Place Index, a score from 0 to 100. It indicates the walkability -convenience, safety, livability, and dynamicness - of a block, project, or neighborhood.
You can identify your portfolio's built environment assets and needs based on a project's Profile - a breakdown of its Index along ten urban design dimensions empirically known to impact people’s perceptions of walkability and quality of place.
Accurate, robust measure of walkability that captures aspects of the built environment related to convenience, safety, comfort, and pleasurability as opposed to existing walkability measures that focus solely on density of destinations.
- Facilitates objective assessment of built environment assets and needs and highlights areas to target for potential redevelopment/intervention/value-add opportunities.
Set evidence-based investment priorities based on an area’s State of Place Index, your desired built environment and real estate value premiums, and the feasibility of adding certain amenities.
Identify the most effective and cost-efficient changes you can make to your project to increase walkability - and attract more residents and tenants
Implement the most feasible and economical property improvements to maximize ROI
Run scenario analysis to model how proposed projects would impact the State of Place Index and Profile. You can compare scenarios or identify built environment changes that will have the most impact on quality of place.
- Quantitatively assess the walkability and quality of place of designer's proposed project scenarios
- Maximize the walkability of your projects
- Create objective, quantitative marketing message for new projects to help attract high-quality tenants.
Forecast the economic return (office rents, retail rents and revenues, residential rents and for-sale values) of your proposed projects; identify projects proposals with the highest value-captured as well as value for money (ROI).
- Gain support for your project from external stakeholders, including potential tenants, cities, residents, and investors
- Speed up entitlement, community engagement, and approval processes
- Attract key developers, investors and tenants
- Maximize impact for your investment